www.nataliecarstens.com Natalie Carstens ~ Pregnancy, Birth Story, and Newborn Baby Photographer
Search the blog
Subscribe to Feed
Tag Cloudbaby baby's first year baby plan belly to baby children crave amsterdam crave company den haag expat fair family feel at home girl giving back gouda haiti haiti earthquake helping hearts in-home international lifestyle model natalie carstens natalie harrison natural light newborn news park pet photographer pets portrait photographer portraits portrait session prize draw prize draw winner professional photographer sneak peek studio thank you the hague tigs creations photography utrecht wbii wedding win
Tag Archives: haiti earthquake
Oh wow! Vinita and I enjoyed a fabulous evening with the winners of our Helping Hearts for Haiti romantic photo session. With beautiful Spring weather we spent the evening walking through the couple’s favourite streets in The Hague whilst listening to anecdotes of their lives together.
Love was definitely in the air…
The Hague provides some wonderful backdrops for portrait sessions. Love the architecture in this particular street!
We had so many favourite images from this session, it was almost impossible to choose just a small few for the sneak peek… here’s a couple more…
And the perfect end to a romantic photo session… mmm bubbles! :-)
Thank you so much for a wonderful session, and of course, for helping us help the victims of Haiti’s earthquake.
Don’t forget to check Vinita’s blog for a sneak peek of her images!!! ;-)
With your donations you give the people of Haiti hope for the future. Giro555.nl announced on Thursday that the Netherlands has raised 100.6 Million Euros – that’s incredible! And the donations still continue…
For Haiti, we’re hoping for another Kobe miracle. It’s been 15 years since the Kobe earthquake, in which Vinita’s family were part of. We’d like to share with you a video entitled “Dear 15-year-old. You’re the reason we worked so hard to rebuild our city.” This short video symbolises hope. It’s a commercial clip from an electric company addressing the youth – 15 year olds in particular – with the message that the city has been rebuilt for them. Vinita has seen this happen with her own eyes. This is why our appeal for Haiti is so dear to our hearts.
Seen on Lisa Takeuchi Cullen’s blog post: Kobe, 15 years after the quake
We are so very grateful to you all for supporting Helping Hearts for Haiti.
And the winner is…
Thank you again for your kind generosity and support.
Have a great week everyone – and Suzy, we’ll see you soon!
On 13 January, an earthquake with a magnitude of 7 hit Haiti; the devastation is unimaginable. The death toll has risen above 150,000 people in the Port-au-Prince area alone. 1.5 million people have been left without a home, and more than 750,000 children have been left without parents. The numbers are growing. It brings tears to my eyes, I want to help.
I’m teaming up with my dear friend, Vinita Salomé of Vinita Salomé Photography, and together, we’ve joined the Helping Hearts initiative to try to do something to help. But, we need you, too! Please help us help the victims of Haiti’s earthquake.
You and your sweetheart could win a romantic photo session on-location in the heart of Den Haag, Gouda or Utrecht!
- This session will be photographed by myself AND Vinita and will be held in the late-afternoon/evening of Saturday 17th April 2010. This gives you plenty of time to shop and find a babysitter, if need be ;-)
- Session is for up to 2 adults and will last between 1-2 hours.
- Winner will also receive 25 fully processed, high resolution images on CD. Print to your heart’s content!
How to win:
- Make a MINIMUM donation of €25 to Giro555. Please do this online via e-cumlaude so that you receive a receipt for your donation.
- If you pay by iDeal, be sure to check the box for “Stuur de betaalbevestiging naar mijn e-mailadres” and enter your email address to ensure you receive a receipt for your payment. Then, forward a copy of your receipt to email@example.com.
- All entries must be RECEIVED by midnight (GMT+1) on 31st January 2010.
- Winner will be drawn at random and announced on Monday 1st February 2010.
- You can enter as many times as you’d like, but each entry must be the minimum €25 donation.
- Session participants must sign a model release.
- Session must be held in Den Haag, Gouda or Utrecht on 17 April 2010.
- If the winner does not claim his/her prize by Wednesday 3rd February 2010 or cannot claim the prize, then another winner will be drawn.
- This program is not sponsored or promoted by Giro555.nl and we are not receiving anything in return for this effort.
Are you a photographer and want to help?
This fabulous initiative is thanks to two inspiring photographers, Michele of Pinkletoes Photography and Lyndsay of Life in Motion Photography. If you are a photographer and would like to hold your own Helping Hearts event to help Haiti, please contact Helping Hearts ASAP so they can send you everything you need to get started!
But wait! There’s more!